I was recently informed that I have been elected to the PASS Board. I am very much humbled by this and intend to do my best to ensure that your confidence in me was not misplaced. It is a great honor to be able to represent you at the board level.
I would like to thank those who encouraged me to run, and those who enthusiastically drummed up support for my election. There were more than a few people who really helped make this happen, including:
- Rie Irish, Argenis Fernandez and Micheal Johnson who believed in me enough to write recommendations for me.
- Rie Irish, again, for being my very awesome campaign manager, and friend.
- Janice Gerbrandt for coming up with the t-shirt slogan “Bring harmony to the PASS Board Vote Melody” (even if we never made the T-shirts), and for being my friend
- Josh Smith, Chris Wood, Scott Stauffer, Gabi Munster, Randolph West and others who cannot be named, who believed in me and encouraged me. You really made a difference.
- Hamish Watson and William Assaf who campaigned with me and for me. As my close friends and having worked with you both, I will continue to seek your thoughts and opinions. I know you will continue to support the great initiatives you currently do, and more.
- My tribe and my #SQL Family
This year was a very hard race and as I said in the beginning regardless of who wins, the true winner is the community. All of the people who were running, every single one of them, would make an excellent addition to the PASS board.
To Chris Yates and Mindy Curnutt, congratulations on being elected. For those who did not make it, thank you for all you do in the community, I hope you will run for election again.
Thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve you.